As a Startup, The Odds Will Always be Stacked Against You
Let’s face it, more than 90 percent of start-ups in New York City fail after the first few years. There are many startups which attempt to solve a particular problem for consumers, and provide a service which can be in great demand; but that doesn’t mean it will become profitable, redefine an industry, or really change the world. Growing your startup and getting it off the ground in the beginning is always the hardest part. From infancy to profitability, startups nowadays involve more than just solving a problem and filling a demand in the market.
Startup Hardship? Most Businesses Fail Due to a Lack of Resources
Startup resources can certainly be easy to find, but really hard to get. The internet is the greatest resource in finding accelerators, venture capital, and financial advisors. You can check out sites like Entrepreneur, About, Ehow, and Toptal for great business tips and resources. The resources and publications in these sites are shared by top business professionals and experienced entrepreneurs. Using these resources,, reading the publications, and applying their suggestions will increase your chances in running a successful startup.
Then There’s the Question of Funding
Many individuals have a business idea, but lack funds to launch it off the ground? If you are in this category, you can take advantage of crowdfunding websites such as:
- DigitalNYC – Helps companies startup and operate business in NYC. Governmental and institutional Resources.
- Gust – Helps Connect with accredited angel and startup investors via the saas funding platform provided by Gust, and access a worldwide network of entrepreneurs and startups.
- Kickstarter – Funding platform for creative projects. Everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology.
- Indiegogo – Helps raise funds and grow your community with crowdfunding campaigns.
- Crowdfunder – Helps raise capital for thousands of companies from their network of 12,000 VCs and angel investors.
- Angel – A well established funding platform for investors and startups
- RocketHub – Funding platform which helps you maximize your ability to raise capital for your startup
- Quirky– rewards royalties to its community members for inventors and contributors to products that make it to market.
There are many philanthropists who are looking for ways to use their funds to help people with great ideas. By placing your idea out there on these crowdfunding platforms, you can end up getting more funding than you anticipated.
Making Sure Your Website Stands Out
The best way to let people know about your business is through friends, peers, family members and a medium which represents your brand well. Investing time in creating an attractive website which makes your business stand out is essential. Your website is the face of your business, and if your inviting peers, friends, and investors to learn more about you want to make sure you leave them impressed. Getting a simple informational website which presents your mission, brand photos, videos, team, and mission statement is essential.
Furthermore, there are many applications that can help you create a website. At Syntelex, you can inquire about our startup website business package which is the most affordable and reliable way to go. Having a professional website which gets your message across, will help you get the most out of your website. For your website mockups, you can go for:
- Balsamiq – is a resource designers use for wire framing which combines the experience of sketching on a whiteboard through the utilization of a computer.
- Mockup Builder – Mockup builder is software used for creating mockups and prototypes, which gives you the ability to draw your ideas within minutes and share with customers, designers, and programmers.
- Mockup Flow – Is a platform which provides wireframe tools, Prototyping Tools, UI Mockups, UX design.
- Mockingbird – Allows drag and drop UI elements to a page, then rearrange and resize to create Mockups in minutes.
- HotGloo – Is a wire framing and prototyping tool designed to help visualize the planning processes, build and test drive interactions, and create and share prototypes with your team.
- JustProto – Is an Agile UX in one place which helps design systems, prototyping, and documentation.
Hiring Office Staff is a Very Expensive Endeavor for Startups
To reduce this cost, you can utilize free online office services to make your work easier and reduce operation costs. An application like Zoho is great for online business needs. Zoho has everything you need to boost sales, step up productivity, and manage all day-to-day activities. It is a suite that includes email and spreadsheets, chat, wiki, web conferencing, and customer relationship management (CRM). It is built specifically for businesses and works more or less like Google Apps. Other tools you may consider are:
- Evernote – Lets you capture, nurture, and share your ideas across any device
- Heybubble– Allows you to provide live support on your website to help you track your visitors in real-time, engage them to chat providing excellent customer service.
- SageWorkSpace – Helps startups find affordable virtual offices, workspace services, and provides on-demand meeting and training rooms.
- BillGrid – Used for sending billing invoices, track your time, payments and expenses
- PBWorks – Helps capture knowledge, share files, and manage projects within a secure, reliable environment.
- Flipdrive – Helps you store all your business files and data in one convenient and secure online location, and available to you anytime, anywhere, from any device.
- FreshBooks – This platform is the best tool for tracking teams, invoices, and payments constantly. It is great if your business is client-based.
We do hope you found this article resourceful and we wish you all the best with your startup journey.